Wednesday, October 16, 2013

DIY Gift for Newlywed: Paper

It is said that the first year of marriage is traditionally symbolized by paper (modern: clock). 

About a year ago I was given the special role of "Maid of Honor" (MOH) for a close friend of mine. As a MOH, I wanted to not only fulfill all the responsibilities as the bride's right hand lady but make sure she had memorable moments beyond the day itself.

As a newlywed myself (well, 2 years now) it still brings me joy when I look at anything from our wedding day.  As a way to relive the same memories for my friend, as her 1 year anniversary approached I put together a simple yet meaningful gift.

I saved her wedding program, a copy of the speech I read (on card stock), printed a few her wedding photos along with photos we took over the yeas and created a frame. 

1. Pick a frame, I purchased a 16x20 with the mat but removed it.
2. Scissors
3. Glue ( I used the hot glue gun for the fabric and the liquid glue for the photos.)
4. Fabric (I chose a darker fabric because it wouldn't take away from the photos but gave it a nice touch.)
5. Glue the fabric to the board (make sure you are ready before you apply the hot glue, it dries fast.)
6. Turn the board and lay it flat to remove creases and cut the fabric along the edges.
7. Arrange the items and play around with them until you make good use of the space.
Once you have it arranged to your liking then apply the adhesive.
(more pictures were added)
Wish I had a photo of the final product to show, but I accidentally deleted off the iPad.

"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are and the things you never want to lose" ~Unknown

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

That's such a thoughtful, special gift, and I think it's cool that you matched it to the traditional 1st anniversary gift theme!

 
At October 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Kerbie said...

Thanks Rachel!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home