Friday, February 1, 2013

Baby Talk (the good and bad)

It's amazing how the "baby talk" motivates me to do better with/for myself.  For those of you that personally know me, don't get too excited. I'm not pregnant and we are not trying...yet!

I think being pregnant is a beautiful experience; the little bump growing to the expanding of the nose and swelling of feet up until delivery time. At that moment I have checked out! I love children and they are the cutest and watching them take that first step, word, moment until the thoughts of sleepless nights. That very same cute little being growing up in to a teenager and giving you (the parent) a massive headache.

Well, the point of this post is to point out as frightening the idea may be to me it has also sparked a fire. I have the desire to take better care of myself. I have been a pescetarian (vegetarian who eats fish) on and off.  My off moments are not extreme, I still stay away from red meat. I would occasionally have a slice of turkey or a piece of my husbands chicken. Always for taste, never as a portion on my plate/dish. I have started again and I am motivated to stay on path by asking myself "how am I suppose to raise a little one and teach/live a healthier lifestyle if I can't stay disciplined?".

I love biographies and documentaries but I'm watching more of them and reading more about the environment (which drives my husband crazy at times). For example, I'm using less plastic (which I will discuss further in another post) and being more conscience of how the environment affects my body.

Lastly, I've been open to the idea of juicing. If it's going to benefit my body (detox) and help with being a healthier person, then it's worth a try.

In all, the "baby talk" is nerve wrecking but inspiring all at the same time. So let's see what this leads in to for the 2013 year!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home