Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Long Term RAOK

I wrote several posts listing my random acts of kindness for my birthday month last year. I only posted 30 of them and stated I wanted to make sure 31 was long term. Yes, it is overdue but I wanted to make sure I was doing this for almost a year consistently before I posted about my long term act of kindness.

Well, I volunteer at Orlando Regional Medical Center once a week or depending every other week. Recently, some of the staff asked if my hours were almost up because they noticed volunteers I started with had already completed their assignments and were no longer volunteering. I replied "No, I'm just volunteering as a way to give back to my community". You should have seen their faces! Priceless, indeed!

My challenge to you, is even if you can't devote your time as often, always find a way to give back. I started with helping with community service through my church, we distributed food to those in need. I still volunteer with the church occasionally. Share your skills, visit the elderly, mentor a child/teenager, find the nearest food pantry and donate or more!!  A few minutes of your time can and will make a difference.

Until next time, be ready as you can be!!


2 Comments:

At October 31, 2013 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Kylie said...

That's awesome! I used to volunteer an an animal clinic when I was in college but had to stop once I started working full time. I miss it a lot. I can't wait to get to be able to do that again some day. Good for you for volunteering!

 
At October 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Kerbie said...

Thanks Kylie! Volunteering at an animal clinic sounds like a lot of fun. Animals are so precious! Hope you can volunteer again someday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home