Friday, May 6, 2011

Announcing It!




He/she pops the question, the date is set, then there is the announcement; not Facebook :-). When it came down to putting our friends and family in the loop, we had a variety of choices but in the end it was about what suited us best. I will let the pictures speak for themselves:

First up are the Cards:


Photo Cards:




Magnets:


Postcards:


Stickers (my least favorite):

Okay, so maybe I sort of like the one
 below!


Electronic/Digital (my fave):
No pic!





Finally my fave is the electronic Save-the-Date, some call it tacky, I, on the other hand think it’s a great way to save trees, grasses, rags, kenaf and/or hemp :-).  Sending it electronically will still be on the end of the rope and considered improper etiquette until a renowned individual coins it as being cool and/or everyone can access email.

Well, for our save-the-dates we didn’t go with any paper options but did an electronic save-the-date since I am a wanna-be techy (story for a different post). We didn’t send it via email because not EVERYONE has access or can access the internet but it was in a form of a DVD. Though some parts of the video were a little sketchy, I didn’t let it bother me much because I reminded myself this was an informal announcement until the formal invitations.

Our choices so far have made us out of the norm but that’s the whole point, it’s about us! On the other hand, if we didn’t go digital, we would have definitely picked any of the above with a PICTURE!!

If you had the choice, which option would you go with? or if you already did your save-the-dates, which option did you go with?




4 Comments:

At May 6, 2011 at 6:12 PM , Blogger The Arctic Vegan said...

I think that a DVD is pretty cool and very creative.

 
At May 6, 2011 at 6:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the DVD idea is a great one. I enjoy your blog very much.

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Ephinae said...

DVD..deux makak

 
At May 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Kerbie said...

@ The Arctic Vegan, thanks Dree!

@ Carolann, thanks Carol and I am happy you enjoy the blog :-)

@ Ephinae, thanks Ruth ti __.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home