Saturday, February 9, 2013

Juicing in Numbers

I took it upon myself to juice each fruit and vegetable separately so I can get an approximation in ounces. Keep in mind the amount will slightly differ depending on the type of juicer used.

Juicer:  Jack LaLanne's Ultimate Power Juicer
  • Apples (48oz/3lbs/approx. 11 apples):  26oz ~  31/3cup(s)
  • Blueberries (11oz): 4oz ~ 1/2cup
  • Cantaloupe (1): 19oz ~ 21/3cup(s)
  • Carrots (32oz/2lbs):  14oz ~ 12/3 cup(s) 
  • Celery stalk (approx. 11 ribs): 11oz ~ 11/3cup(s)
  • Cucumbers (2): 11oz ~ 11/3cup(s)
  • Kale (3 leaves): not accurate
  • Pears (bartlett): 11oz ~ 11/3cup(s)
  • Spinach (9oz): 5oz ~ 2/3cup
  • Strawberries (16oz/approx. 19 strawberries): 8oz ~1cup
  • Tomatoes (4): 8oz ~1cup
During my short time of juicing, I had to put some of the pulp back in the juicer (ex. kale or parsley) because the blade didn't get them the first time around.  I would suggest juicing leafy vegetables first then adding the other fruits/vegetables.

Soon I will be sharing my first day experience, which was less exciting than the juicing part.

Happy Juicing, till next time!

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

Wow - great job. I love fresh foods, too. :)

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

 
At February 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Kerbie said...

Thanks Katherine, I love fresh foods also. I am learning how to better take care of myself and really excited about the journey. I got a chance to stop by your blog; it's awesome. I just started running and enjoy it!

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home