Friday, February 1, 2013

Juicing? maybe (2013)

I'm so excited about juicing for the next few days! I could never make it further than two days, so if I can juice for at least 3 days I will feel accomplished.

I'm reviewing my written draft from yesterday and as you can see I have made changes. It is day 1 and the whole excitement and motivational "baby talk" is not cutting it. I now remember why I never make it further than two days but I will leave my day 1 experience for another post.

My husband and I purchased a juicer with no intentions of extreme juicing. We just wanted to have one so we can have fresh vegetable and fruit juice at least 3 times a week. Which was a surprise on its own because this was my husbands idea (the carnivore that I have been living with that refuses to eat a piece of fruit or vegetables).
As of yesterday I was saying fortunately but today I'm saying unfortunately a friend of ours who has juiced in the past started a challenge today. I thought, this would be a great way to detox my body and help on my path of a healthier me. Juicing for me should be a way of lifestyle not as a diet. I could never succeed in the past but when the opportunity came to juice with other people I know, I figured a support system is the way to go. This is exactly what I needed in order to make it through. I'm curious as you are to see how many days I can last.

It was only fitting to give a spotlight to the person that has been pushing for us to try juicing. 

Franck C.
When did you start juicing?
I started juicing back in in June of 2012


Why did you start juicing?
I started juicing because I was sick of popping drugs in hopes that it would make me feel better. Guess what!! It didn't work. I suffered from High Blood Pressure and I was one 4 pills a day and a few others things. Did some research come to find out, long term use of those medications aka drugs cause Kidney issue and failures. Well I started having issues my where kidney levels were of range and they were not functions like they were suppose to. Being only 32 years old is a little shocking having to visit the nephrologists every six months to check on status and how they were functioning. It was a little nerve racking having to worry about those issues. I did the whole diet thing and I worked out almost every day with very little results, nothing seemed to have been working for me that well. I saw results but I didn't feel 100 percent great. I am a very strong believer that the body has the way to fix its self. One day my sister sent me a video titled “Fat Sick and Nearly Dead.” The title alone was interesting so I decided to watch it and I did and was just blown away by what Joe Cross said and just spelled out everything that I was having as issues in my life. After watching the video I called my sister and said to her “Hey I think we should try this and see how you feel.” We should do this for 10 days only because I don’t know how it will feel. We started off on the journey and see if we could get better.


What were your results from juicing?
All the medications that I was on before, I am totally off of them today. During the process I got closer with Christ and understood that he sent this information for me to get better and heal my body. I lost a total of 53 lbs. in a months period. Most health nuts would say that I am crazy and I shouldn’t do that but need to do something quick to fix me. I knew what I can and couldn’t do. I learned my body and understood what worked and what didn’t. The communication to all my system of my body was on high alert. Funny story but true; Went to visit my doctor and he asked me “Wow your blood test looks great whatever you are doing keep it up. Keep taking your meds cause your blood pressure looks good” my response to that. “yes doc no problem!".

What's the longest you were able to juice without cheating?
I lasted for 30 whole days!! One the video "Fat, sick and nearly dead", Joe Cross did his for 60 days.

What advice do you have for newbies (people who want to try juicing)?
My advice to newbies is to set a goal. I started off with a goal of 10 days only and if I can make it without cheating I will do the rest of the 20, so I did. Don’t be afraid to try different combo of drinks Join a juicing group because you get to take out your frustration with people who knows how it feels. They will give advice and if something happens you will have a resource team to reply back to you. 


People who want to try juicing? 
Well, make sure you are doing it for the right reasons if you don’t you will stop. Juice because you want to detox your body and mind. People often look at my result of me losing weight but I did that to get health and get off of the medication. Whether I had lost weight or not it wouldn't have mattered to me but I view it as a benefit. The second thing is to go to a health food store like Hoovers, Chamberlin, and Whole Food and try some juices to see if you can deal with it. It’s not that bad. Third, get a good juicer because you don’t want to spend all your time trying to get all the fruits and vegetable in the juicer. Nightmare!!

Thanks Franck!

Well, happy juicing everyone (including moi)!

2 Comments:

At February 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM , Blogger cpinchem said...

Its because of Franck who passed the movie Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead that I fell in LOVE with juicing. I learned that fruits/veggies actually feed our bodies which gives the body a chance to heal itself. I was on the verge of having to get on high blood pressure meds, didnt want to. Through Franck, God showed me that I didnt have to, to eat according to HIS plan would heal me and it did. Thank you God and thank you Franck, for opening my eyes to the wonderful world of juicing!

 
At February 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Kerbie said...

I've seen that documentary at least twice along with others in order to help stay pescetarian but I never had the nudge to take juicing to the next step. Knowing some one that actually does it, really helps!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home