Friday, March 29, 2013

Time Flies: My SuperHero

Superheroes come in all forms, sizes with different characters and unique abilities. 
According to merriam-webster.com, a superhero is a fictional hero having extraordinary or superhuman powers; also : an exceptionally skillful or successful person.  Luckily for me, my earthly super hero is not fictional but is sitting near by in front of his PS3.  So much for fighting the villain/arch nemesis!

I'm sitting back in disbelief thinking about how time flies; we are about 4 months shy of our 2 year anniversary.  I'm still learning to process and understand our roles as husband and wife. We have our trials but nonetheless we are having fun and enjoying this union. That's why it was so fitting for my husband to wear a superman shirt during our 1 year anniversary shoot (more like 1 year, 5 months). The idea played well in my head but it took a couple of shots before we got the right one (where he wasn't looking uncomfortable :-). 
The best part of our photo shoot, aside from all the fun I had putting the props/setting together, was the location. We went back to where we said "I do".  I can remember the details of the wedding as if it was yesterday. What a great feeling to be able to go back to the location and feel the same joy and excitement as the day you were touring wondering if this was the place. Finding the location was as exciting as finding the wedding gown.

Only God knows the future and what it entails but in the mean time I will count my blessings and hope as you read this you too can look up and smile at your superhero. My intent is not to prove that one needs a significant other to make it in this life but a mere reflection that God has sent me my very own superhero and I feel truly blessed.

Here is a little spoiler of photos we took of our 1 year anniversary. 
Images by Natasha Smith

Have you found your superhero? I want to hear about it.

As always, till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home