Thursday, December 15, 2011

Drunken sweet or high!

Cake tasting...I could do this on a weekly basis, well maybe monthly instead (the tasting that is). To be honest I was more excited about tasting the different flavors and picking the grooms cake over the wedding cake. Choosing the cake was one of my least favorite tasks; it was going to be cut anyways. Well, same for the grooms cake but at least I could get a bit more creative and crazy with his cake.

For the wedding cake, I had one thing in mind...Keep it simple!! No cake-topper, no flowers to pretty it up (because I'm not big fan of flowers, just as a nice surprise gift from hubby but that's about it). As for the grooms cake I already knew what I wanted it to look like, I just couldn't wait to see it executed and see his reaction since it was a surprise!

Favorite cake flavor:
Too many to pick from :-)

Least favorite cake flavor:
I didn't have one!

Favorite filling:
Vanilla Bavarian Cream & Cream Cheese

Least favorite filling:
Key Lime (eeks!)

Cake Flavors:
Vanilla, Chocolate, Marble, Raspberry Swirl, Red Velvet
Pina Colada, Chocolate Mint, Carrot Cake, & Vanilla Almond
Fillings:
White Buttercream, Vanilla Bavarian Cream, Chocolate Bavarian Cream, 
Chocolate Ganache, Cherry, Cream Cheese, Strawberry & Key Lime
@ Cut the Cake in Longwood w/ Cynthia (Elizabeth Couture)

After I left the cake tasting, I went straight to a coffee shop and ordered a cup of black coffee. I needed a balance, I was on a sugar high :-)

Cake flavor picked for the wedding:
All!!! (seriously all, lol!)  Each tier (3) was a different flavor, the remaining flavors were part of the kitchen cake (aka cost effective because it didn't need to be bedazzled for photographs :-) The grooms cake was chocolate/ chocolate mint.

Here they are :


You can't see it clearly in the picture but the cake has silver glitter all over it and I simply personalized it by including bands which somewhat matched my wedding band around each tier. Oh, and each tier was a different flavor.

It was a great surprise indeed, he loved it!! Yes, a Playstation 3 with the joystick.

So that concludes the tales of the cakes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home