Friday, March 18, 2011

Candy favors: Baby Shower Edition

For my sister's baby shower I decided to embark on a simple project...candy favors! We already had  candy goody bags but I wanted to add something with a personal touch.  I took another trip to JoAnn Fabrics to pick a few items to create the little favor bags. Here it goes :-)



I wanted two different looks, so I purchased 1(one) yard of each of the fabrics I chose (I think cotton works best). Then I cut the fabric into strips about 5'' wide by 8" long.
The plan was to use the sewing machine to sew each strip into little pouches, first hemming the top and bottom edges then folding the bottom portion of fabric up approximately 3-4 inches creating a pouch. Well, the sewing machine was giving me problems, so I ended up sewing it by hand. That process took longer so I cheated with my glue gun and created little envelopes instead of the pouches. To prevent fraying, I trimmed the sides with the pinking shears. 

I cut the "It's a boy" ribbon about 3 inches long and secured it around the pin using the glue gun.

As you can see the difference, the one to the left was the pouch sewn and the one to the right was the one created with the glue gun.

I wrapped mints and mentos in tulle and inserted them into the pouches. Then I sealed the pouches with safety pins. I wanted baby pins but it was hard to find (at least at a reasonable price :-)

Here is a closer look:


I just thought these were too cute :-)


There you have it, the candy favors!!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home