Sunday, January 22, 2012

Invite dabbling...pt 1

It's a given that the wedding invitation sets the tone for what guests should expect, with that in mind I browsed on different ideas of what I wanted to include on the invitation and the look of it. We both agreed black-tie formal didn't fit our personalities, we wanted a semi-formal fun event.


First we decided on wording for the invitations, which was harder to decide upon than we thought.


Runner-up:
                              Life is not measured
                          by the number of breaths
                       we take, but by moments that
                             take our breath away
                        Mr. and Mrs. Max St.Fleur
                             ask you to join them
                              as their daughter
                              Makerbie St.Fleur
                       gives her hand in marriage
                                           to
                                Joshua Rema

                      Son of Ms. Carmeline Rema
                                  (date & time)
                                     (location)
                                    (address)

Loved it but a little too formal!

Winner:
You work, you play
and then one day...
love just happens!
Makerbie St.Fleur
daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Max St.Fleur
and
Joshua Rema
son of Ms. Carmeline Rema
invite you to be a witness
to one of life's loveliest
surprises
                                       as they are joined together in                                      
matrimony
on (date & time)
at (time)
(location & address)




By this point, I already had an idea as to how I wanted the invitation to look. But a vision doesn't always turn out the same during the execution phase however, I still dabbled with the different ideas I had.


I looked for pictures that I thought would fit with the theme, because I felt water-marking an image in the background would sort of set the tone.





I really loved image #5 but it didn't look to good behind the text. I ended up using image #1 on the website and image #2 on the card.

Here is a sample of the drafts for the inserts:





I felt something was still missing, the damask was pretty but not part of the theme. In next post I will go into further details, then it will be the invitation reveal.

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2012 at 1:00 PM , Anonymous Kètley Bellegarde said...

Did people actually RSVP?

 
At January 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Kerbie said...

They did, I will go into further details in the next post how they had to RSVP.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home