Monday, January 16, 2012

Name in Lights (part 2)


Okay, I won't do anything just to get my name in lights but I certainly worked on getting my name in lights.

Several months ago I wrote a post about drafting the logo for our wedding (here). Soon after I chose a theme for the wedding (which I will discuss further in another post); from that point I knew I wanted to input characters/signs in the logo.

First I thought about a lantern

Then I decided upon the Korean characters "I love you"
I put those same characters in a scroll to see what I can come up with, but it wasn't working for me.
I basically played around with different designs but in the end I knew I wanted our initials to be part of the final look.  In the end I decided to go with no designs around the logo but simply our initials and Korean characters.  I tried completing the task myself in Publisher which turned out fine but if I needed to enlarge, the picture (pixels) was blurry so I sent each file (initials & characters) to Cynthia from Elizabeth Couture and she embedded the letters in the image. 

I used the monogram on the invitations, as a back drop for the reception, and other wedding items to add a personal touch.

image from guest

I used the "Edwardian Script" font for the initials.

Wait till you see how else I incorporated the monogram :-)








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home