Sunday, March 20, 2011

Name in Lights! (part1)

Or more like initials in lights...

I never realized there were a million and one fonts until I was looking for the best one to use for our monogram.

I went the easiest route (in my opinion) to create the monogram...entering PowerPoint! I looked into two possible fonts that seemed appealing for our monogram.

pick 1

pick 2
By the way if you recognize the fonts above, send me a message with the names (forgot to save the font types).

After opening a blank slide, I inserted text boxes with out initials (M, J, R). Then I chose colors, fonts, and sizes for each element. I placed the last initial in the center, then sent it to the back so I can have the other initials overlap for arrangement. Once I have all the elements in place, selected all the text boxes, then grouped them (Ctrl + A, right click, point to "grouping" and select "group". Now that it's ready; I saved the monogram as a picture.

MonoGram1

MonoGram2


This is the first part of it, hopefully I can design a logo I like to insert with the logo. In any case,  I am pretty happy with the way it turned out especially as a trial. It sure beats the sketches I tried to begin, which were.....I will just show it (laughter not allowed:-).


2 Comments:

At March 23, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous ~ Vil ~ said...

I love Monogram 2

 
At April 1, 2011 at 11:44 PM , Blogger Kerbie said...

Thanks for your input, that was his favorite also. Looking into a few more ideas, will post them soon :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home