Thursday, January 19, 2012

Themed Up

When I started planning for the wedding, I knew instantly that I wanted a theme. At first I thought I wanted to go the route of a black & white affair, so it would be checker boxes (given that I love the color black). But having the whole party in black for a summer (outdoor) wedding didn't seem too appealing, trust me I thought long and hard about it (here).

Then I started thinking about things that we both loved, aside from each other (I know that was cheesy but I had to add :-). So we narrowed down the topics and focused on travel.
  • We both love to travel.
  • I like old (vintage/antique) suitcases, he likes old comics.
  • We both love watching Anime.
  • He loves Manga, I love Korean drama's.
  • We both love Thai food.
  • He loves Kimchi, I love Korean drama's (yes repeated it because I am not a fan of Kimchi).
  • I love the Asian culture, he loves anything "Bruce Lee" and martial arts.
Well, you get the point!

When we summed it up, we came up with:
  • Travels
  • Traveling far East
  • Traveling to Asia
Traditional Attire at Gyeongbok Palace

At a Korean Restaurant, Upper East New York

My fave Korean dish, Dolsot Bimbimbap

His fave Korean side dish, Kimchi (I never tried it and never will :-)

Did I mention how much I like K-drama's?!

Finally, we decided on adding a few touches of "Traveling and Traveling to Asia". I say touches because we did not serve Asian food, as much as we loved it, we figured we would be considerate to our guests. 

Again, wait till you see how we incorporated the theme in the wedding!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 20, 2012 at 7:00 AM , Anonymous Kètley Bellegarde said...

I love it. It never occurred to me that theme was both of y'all. I thought it was all you since you was in a Korea. I'm thinking blue was your favorite color, and that you and I had that in common :-).

 
At January 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Kerbie said...

Thanks Ket! Living in Korea played a big part in why I favored Korean culture but yes we had a lot in common than most thought. Sorry dear, black has the #1 spot :-) glad you enjoyed the post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home