Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"I want to flip?"

Given the title, you're probably thinking I'm on a "mad rampage" but that is not the case at all. Well, here is a briefing; I have always liked the idea of wearing a birdcage veil for my wedding day, because I think it’s modern and vintage inspired all in one.  It allows much more room for personality in my opinion.  I can personalize the birdcage veil with tulle, flower, Swarovski crystals and/or feathers and more versus picking by length such as chapel length, elbow length veil, fingertip veil, semi-cathedral veil, well you get the point. Look at these beauties, they make a fashionable statement without much of a fuss.









One Sunday afternoon, while sitting on the couch, doodling with new projects on my loving Mac, I decide to ask Mr. Fiancé wedding related questions. Mind you as every other Sunday he is sitting in front of the television playing his PS3 game. He responds to my questions with nods and yes babes. Then I ask, “what do you think of birdcage veils?” he looks at me and asks “what’s a birdcage veil?” I start my whole process of explanation and in between my sentence he says: “No, I want to flip!” At this point I’m still trying to process the word NO, and then he resorts to explaining that he wants to be able to flip the veil off my face before the official kiss.

Sigh, it seems my veil excitement that I have yearned for so long had just been crushed! As any other situation I would try to talk my way into getting what I want but I realized through-out this whole planning process, this is one of his first requests (aside from liquor!). Well, I haven’t lost all hope, I plan on drowning him with dozens of gorgeous pictures of the birdcage in hopes that he too would come to love it as much as I do.


Do I have any regrets asking? Somewhat!!! At times I think I should have left it as the reveal as I walk down the aisle, then again I might have gotten an eye-brow raise look from him wondering what the heck I was donning on my head, laugh-out loud!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 9, 2011 at 1:35 AM , Anonymous Vil said...

I swear we think alike...I too wanted as birdcage veil and Del said, No. I tried to convince him several times, but it didn't work. So, good luck hun, but I don't Josh will budge.

 
At July 6, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can have brid cage veils that flip just go for the 13" or a longer style and have it pinned in the middle towards the back of your head.
I am wearing a birdcage veil and plan on flipping it over for the wedding breakfast and evening reception. So it will actually look more like an formal veil for the 2nd half of my day but birdcage style for the ceremony and pictures.

Good luck x
Mel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home