Friday, April 1, 2011

Ugly Duckling!

Well, it's actually the ugly packaging!

My future brother-in-law said it best, "why not a magnet, a card, or a postcard like everyone else!", my response "because I'm not like everyone else".  Though he was only messing with me, the truth is I did opt out for the non-traditional Save-the-Date.  Since I wanted it to be different, I spent a lot of man hours trying to put it together; I spent hours practicing in a program I had never used just to get the introduction I wanted.  Well, the point I am trying to make is that I spent so much time on the Save-the-Date, that I overlooked packaging them.

Since I was overdue to send them, I created a quick cover to print at Kinko's for the Dvd covers.
It was going as planned until the rep at Kinko's told me it would be an additional $1.50 PER CUT, in other words $6.00 per cover. I decided to use  a paper cutter, I mean how hard could that be.  The same night I went to meet up with the ladies at Elephant bar for dinner; we ended up asking to borrow scissors to try to make it work. (They didn't see it coming, I turned dinner into a working dinner, hehe! it didn't last long :-)




Let's just say, what looked okay in my mind was a horrible mess up close.  With only days left and no time to order a designed label, I looked into plan B. I created a CD cover using Avery labels and luckily OfficeMax had a printing label option.  In order to get the label covers on the DVD's in time, myself and two of my BM's (Dee & Ali) had another dinner night and went to work.
Cant you tell we are working hard!!

After all was done, this was the final result.



Not too shabby but not too great; I didn't give myself time and missed on a few details. With that experience I've learned a few lessons from my faults. 

The packaging may have been the "Ugly Duckling" but wait till you see some of the details I had on the DVD.  Be on the look out for the "Swan" post!

I had to add a teaser :-)




Hoping the video plays, but if it doesn't my apologies! Can't seem to work around it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home