Saturday, April 2, 2011

Shining in Blue- "WAAD"

Today is the fourth annual World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD)!!


I wish I had a story about someone I know with autism and how their lives have been affected but the truth is, I really don't but that doesn't mean I can't share the info.  I'm sure there is a person I know with a loved one whom has autism. 

According to PubMed Health, Autism is a developmental disorder that appears in the first 3 years of life, and affects the brain's normal development of social and communication skills. Autism is a physical condition linked to abnormal biology and chemistry in the brain. The exact causes of these abnormalities remain unknown, but this is a very active area of research. There are probably a combination of factors that lead to autism. To learn more click here.

Around the world events are held that include "lighting up" buildings and places with blue lights to raise awareness about Autism.


I may not be able to light up a building, but I can still spread the word and inform others about WAAD.  Raise awareness in your community and help raise funds and hope.





"If you are a friend of mine and have a loved one with autism, know there is hope and you are not alone.  Living with autism or not, we are all God's creation and are equally loved."

Shining in Blue
Love, 

Makerbie


Special thanks to flirty blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home